Can I Sue The Private Company After Slip & Fall Accident?
When you go onto somebody else’s property, you have the right to expect safe conditions. Property owners have a duty to keep their premises safe for those who have a right to be there. This includes private companies that own property. At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, our dedicated and experienced team is ready to help if you or a loved one are injured due to the negligence of a property owner. Let our slip and fall accident attorneys investigate your case today.
Private companies can be held liable for slip and fall injuries
Just because a company is private does not mean that they have no responsibility to those allowed on the premises. Generally, property owners have a duty to ensure the safety of those who are expected to be on their property. To establish liability in these cases, your Charlotte slip and fall accident lawyer will need to show that:
- You were owed a duty by the property owner.
- The property owner knew, or should have known, about the dangerous condition that caused the slip and fall incident.
- The property owner did not take care of the hazard any reasonable amount of time or did not take steps to warn you about a hazardous condition.
- You were injured as a result of the hazardous condition.
Your attorney will gather evidence from the scene, including video and photo surveillance, eyewitness statements, and accident reports, to prove that the property owner caused your injuries.
What causes slip and fall accidents?
Slip and fall accidents are one of the most common causes of injuries on other people’s property. According to the National Floor Safety Institute, around one million people seek treatment for slip and fall injuries each year in this country. Some of the most common causes of these incidents include:
- Wet floors from spills and roof leaks
- Failing to put a wet floor sign up after mopping an area
- Loose carpeting, stairs, or floorboards
- Low-lying obstacles (electrical wires, merchandise, shelving, boxes, etc.)
- Uneven walking surfaces inside or outside a building
When you look at this list, you can see that most slip and fall incidents are preventable. Property owners and their employees should be diligent when ensuring the safety of their patrons.
We are ready to help you secure compensation for your injuries
If you or someone you care about has been injured in a slip and fall accident that was caused by the negligence of a property owner or their employees, you may be entitled to compensation. At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, you can count on our dedicated and knowledgeable team to help you secure the compensation you need, which can include the following:
- Coverage of your medical bills
- Compensation for lost income if you cannot work
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Possible punitive damages against a grossly negligent party