Another Product Recall For Makeup Products
Why should consumers have to worry about whether or not the products they buy will cause them harm? Unfortunately, that is something we do have to worry about. We hear about product recalls all the time in the US. At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, our Charlotte product liability attorneys want to talk about the latest case of cosmetics being recalled due to possible contamination with asbestos, a known carcinogen. We are here for you if you or a loved one are injured or become ill due to a faulty product.
What is going on with this makeup?
For the second time in many months, a recall has been issued due to cosmetics that have tested positive for asbestos contamination. This latest case revolves around Beauty Plus Global Inc., a cosmetics and packaging manufacturer responsible for City Color and Max Mell.
The US Food and Drug Administration announced the recall on Sept. 6, and it includes four separate products that are available at major retailers, including Walmart, eBay, and Amazon.
The FDA has advised consumers to stop using these products. They say that asbestos contamination in the makeup can lead to exposure to toxic asbestos fibers. This could lead to serious health conditions such as mesothelioma or cancer later in life. Asbestos is a known cancer-causing carcinogen.
Recently, children’s accessories retailer Claire’s had to recall their JoJo Siwa Makeup Set over the same issue.
Contaminated and defective products affect our health
If you regularly check the government website that tracks all current recalls (we understand, most people don’t), then you will see that each industry is affected – toys, cars, auto parts, prescription meds, foods, beverages, lawn tools, car seats, furniture, appliances, and more. Defective products can lead to serious traumatic injuries or illnesses for consumers.
Products generally become faulty in three ways:
- They have a design flaw that is not discovered or is willfully ignored while the product is being tested.
- They experience a manufacturing error that alters them from their original design and renders them harmful for consumers.
- They have a problem with the label. This can include improper instructions, warnings and hazards not being present, dosages mislabeled, incomplete ingredient and allergen lists, and more.
Let us help you with your case today
If you or someone you care about has been injured or become ill due to the use of a defective product, you need to secure legal assistance as soon as possible. At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to help you get through this. We will investigate what happened so we can secure the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Cost of your current and future medical bills
- Recovery of income lost if you are unable to work
- Mental anguish damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against a company or manufacturer