Woman Killed, Four Injured In Charlotte Crash
Driving in and around Charlotte can be harrowing at times. The traffic is bad enough, but we know the problems are often compounded due to the actions of reckless or careless drivers. If you or a loved one have been injured and need a Charlotte car accident lawyer, please call Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC today. Our knowledgeable and experienced team is ready to get to work on securing the compensation you deserve. Today, we want to talk about a recent crash that killed one woman and seriously injured four others.
What Happened In This Crash?
Today we want to discuss a crash that occurred on July third on Oakdale Road off of Brookshire Boulevard. Police say that a two-vehicle collision killed one woman and injured four others. Witnesses say that a Hyundai Sonata was heading northeast when the driver crossed into the southwest lanes and struck a Dodge Charger.
- A passenger in the Sonata, 53-year-old Sheila Mosby, was taken to the hospital where she later died from her injuries.
- Both drivers and other passengers from the vehicles were taken to the hospital with serious injuries, none of them life-threatening.
Police say they suspect that drug impairment played a part in the crash and that detectives will likely charge the driver of the Sonata with DUI.
This Is A Common Occurrence
When we take a look at the latest year of data from the NC Department of Transportation, we see that there were over 275,000 vehicle crashes reported statewide. Out of those, there were:
- 1,396 fatalities
- 127,964 injuries
While most vehicle crash injuries are minor, we know that many of them are serious. We regularly help clients suffering from the following after a vehicle crash:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Whiplash injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Internal organ damage/internal bleeding
- Broken or dislocated bones
- Severe lacerations or amputations
All too, often, as evidenced in the story above, another driver’s negligence is to blame. This can include:
- Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs
- Driving while distracted by phones or other devices
- Failing to follow traffic laws
- Speeding or reckless driving
Victims of these crashes need to ensure they receive the compensation they deserve. With the help of an attorney, they can ensure that insurance companies take them seriously.
Let Us Get To Work On Your Behalf Today
If you or a loved one have been harmed due to the actions of a negligent or careless driver, please seek legal assistance today. At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, we are ready to get to work on your behalf. Let our team investigate all aspects of this incident so we can secure the compensation you need. This can include:
- Coverage of medical expenses
- Recovery of lost wages if you are unable to work
- Coverage of physical therapy
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Punitive damages against the negligent party