Asheville, NC Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys
Slip and fall accidents happen in the blink of an eye. One minute you are browsing the shelves at your local grocery store, and the next you are sliding through spilled milk and hitting the floor. Serious injuries can result from slip and fall accidents, including traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spine and back injuries, injuries to the neck, and broken/fractured bones. To add insult to injury, most slip and fall accidents are completely preventable.
If you are a victim of a slip and fall incident, then you need seasoned representation by your side as you go through the process of recovering damages. At Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC, our Asheville, NC slip and fall accident attorneys are ready to help you hold the negligent party in your case responsible for your damages. Reach out to arrange a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at 800-948-0577.
The successful outcome of your slip and fall case hinges mainly on being able to establish that the owner of the property where you were hurt was negligent in some way that caused your accident and your subsequent injuries. The following must be true for your case to be considered valid in the North Carolina courts:
- The property owner or property manager must have owed you a duty of care because you were on their property or in their building lawfully.
- The property owner or property manager failed to render the duty of care required when they knew or should have reasonably known that a dangerous, unsafe, or hazardous condition existed.
- This failure in duty was the direct cause of your injuries.
- Your injuries resulted in measurable and quantifiable damages.
All business owners and property managers in the state of North Carolina are required by law to exercise reasonable care when visitors enter or come onto their premises because they are invited there or because the business is open to the public at large. Visitors must be kept safe from any unsafe conditions. Injured parties are tasked with showing that there was a hazardous condition on the property, that the owner or manager of the property knew or should have known that the perilous condition was present on the property. It must also be shown that the owner took no reasonable actions to remedy the dangerous condition.
Some examples of conditions that might be unsafe and lead to slip and fall injuries as a result:
- Wet or otherwise slippery floors.
- Insufficient lighting.
- Defective floor coverings or worn/frayed carpeting.
- Uneven pavements or flooring.
- Parking lots with potholes and broken pavement.
- Snow or ice in parking on sidewalks or parking lots.
- Broken stair railings.
- Defective elevators or escalators.
Advocating for Injured Parties
Primarily because there are so many defenses that may be put into play in a slip and fall case, liability and negligence can be tricky to prove. Choosing our Asheville, NC slip and fall accident attorney to represent you is a smart move, since Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC has helped hundreds of other clients with similar injuries. Let us help you recover medical bills, lost wages, and other damages due to you. Reach out now for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at 800-948-0577.