Asheville, NC Truck Accident Attorney
Asheville is one of the most dangerous cities to operate a vehicle in North Carolina. Being involved in a truck accident comes with a load of undesirable issues. In a city with such a dangerous track record, this reality is all too common for many Asheville residents. Subsequently, many choose to turn to a truck accident lawyer at Brown Moore Law where swift action and expert-level service are guaranteed.
The Likelihood Of Being Involved In An Accident In Asheville
It is no secret that Asheville is one of the most accident-ridden cities in North Carolina. The North Carolina Department of Transportation communicates yearly roadway incident reports to the general public indicating an unfavorable truth of driving in Asheville – in 2020, Asheville was ranked the 6th most dangerous city in North Carolina with a population over 10,000 in which to operate a motor vehicle. This ranking, paired with the thousands of truck accidents that occur across North Carolina each year, means that Asheville residents must be concerned for their wellbeing on the roadways.
Unfortunately, the harrowing statistics do not stop there:
- In the year 2019 alone, there were 17,118 truck accidents across the state of North Carolina.
- Across the past four years, Asheville has not escaped the top 10 most dangerous NC cities to operate a motor vehicle.
- At least one individual lost their life in a total of 35 separate accidents in Asheville last year.
- Almost 18% of motor vehicle accidents in the city resulted in a non-fatal injury to one or more people involved in the accident.
- For every fifth resident of Asheville, there was at least one car wreck in 2020.
- In 2019, an average of 12 North Carolinians was injured statewide every day due to truck accidents.
Following the indication of these statistics, it is no surprise that Buncombe County city has such a poor safety ranking when it comes to roadway incidents.
How Can Truck Accidents Be Avoided?
You may be following all of the rules, regulations, and laws when operating a vehicle in Asheville. This does not mean, however, that other drivers are practicing the same concern for you and your family’s safety. In any case, there are multiple ways to employ the practice of defensive driving to take additional preventative measures to protect your wellbeing:
- Focus on maintaining safety before all else.
- Stay alert to your surroundings and take note of large vehicles on the road.
- Do not remain dependent on other drivers.
- Allow adequate space between you and trucks on the road.
- Maintain a reasonable and legal speed.
- Ensure you have an escape route.
- Mentally divide the risks you are presented with.
- Remove any distractions that you may have.
Following these steps can ensure that you and your family are kept safe in the presence of large trucks and other vehicles on the road at all times.
In The Worst-Case Scenario
With extensive experience across North Carolina, Brown Moore Law has the experience that you will need in case of a truck accident. Brown Moore & Associates is willing to utilize the tools at our disposal to ensure expert legal representation for you or a loved one. Our Asheville truck accident lawyers understand that this is no easy endeavor for a victim of a roadway incident to endure – and that is why we want to help. If you are seeking assistance after experiencing an accident in Asheville, North Carolina – please click here or call 704-335-1500 (local) or 800-948-0577 (toll-free).