Concord, NC Truck Accident Attorney
Truck accidents happen in the blink of an eye, leaving a trail of destruction and horrific, lifelong injuries. While the circumstances behind each truck accident may be unique, the feeling of despair and devastation felt by the victims in a truck accident is all too common. In the ensuing weeks, insurance companies do their best to lowball those injured in truck accidents into accepting lowball compensation offers that do not reflect the true seriousness of their claims. Reach out to a truck accident attorney to help preserve your right to collect maximum compensation for your injuries and hold the at-fault party responsible and accountable.
Truck Accident Causes
Driver inattention is a major cause of all auto accidents, and accidents involving trucks are no different. Drivers who text, dig on the radio, fiddle with the GPS, and perform other actions while behind the wheel of a big truck or tractor-trailer put others and themselves in grave danger of being hurt or killed. Some other truck accident causes that lead to terrifying accidents include:
- Drunk/drugged driving: Drivers who drink alcohol or do drugs and then get behind the wheel of a vehicle are acting irresponsibly and with indifference to human life, and they can cause some of the deadliest accidents on our nation’s highways.
- Sleepy/tired driving: Driving sleepy or tired reduces driver reaction times, which can lead to terrible accidents in much the same vein as accidents involving inebriated drivers.
- Speeding: Controlling a large truck is hard enough to factor in speed and you have a recipe for disaster. Unfortunately, many operators of big trucks and big rigs exceed the posted speed limits as a matter of practice in order to make their runs more quickly and make more money. This nonchalant speeding can and does prove deadly.
- Equipment failure: From blown tires to other types of equipment failure, an improperly serviced truck is a hazard on the roadway and has the potential to cause life-altering accidents.
- Road conditions: While the governmental agencies tasked with maintaining North Carolina’s highways and bi-ways do a good job for the most part, when they falter in their duties, motorists can get hurt—especially when dangerous road conditions lead to truck accidents.
Liability in Truck Accident Cases
Determining who is liable for your injuries following a truck accident can be difficult since truck drivers are sometimes owner-operators and sometimes simply hired to drive trucks belonging to others. Operators, shipping companies, and other entities may shoulder the liability for your injuries, and your truck accident claim may have more than one named defendant. A competent North Carolina truck accident attorney will look at your case from all angles to make sure that those responsible for your injuries are held to account.
Injured in a Truck Accident?
As a victim in a truck accident, you have just three years to bring a claim against the at-fault party in your case, under the statute of limitations in North Carolina. For this reason, time is of the essence when reaching out to a Concord, NC truck accident attorney with Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC. You can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at 800-948-0577.