Charlotte Failure To Monitor Treatment Attorney
When you go to the doctor and being a treatment program for your injury or illness, you expect that the doctor will properly monitor you to ensure that the treatment is working and not causing you further harm. However, if your doctor fails to do this, you should seek legal assistance.
At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, our qualified and experienced team is ready to be your advocate if you have been harmed due to the negligence of a medical professional. When you need a failure to monitor treatment malpractice attorney in Charlotte, let us help secure the compensation you deserve.
This Is A Serious Problem
When we say that medical mistakes are a serious problem, we mean it. Johns Hopkins researchers say they are the third leading causes of death each year in the US, killing around 250,000 people annually.
While there are many different medical mistakes that healthcare professionals can make, some of the worst happen due to carelessness when monitoring patients. When a healthcare provider fails to do any of the following, they may be guilty of malpractice in the event of a patient injury:
- Watching a patient’s condition carefully
- Observing signs and symptoms of known medical complications
- Responding to potential problems in a timely manner
- Keeping track of all patient vital signs (blood pressure, pulse, oxygen levels, respiratory rates, and more)
- Monitoring areas are commonly known to become infected (IV sites, central lines, recent surgical sites, open wounds, and more)
All healthcare professionals are tasked with monitoring patients before, during, and after treatment. This is considered a “reasonable standard of care.” When a healthcare professional breaches these basic duties, they should be held accountable when patients are harmed.
Why does this matter?
When a patient is further harmed due to a failure to monitor their treatment, they can suffer in multiple ways, including extended hospital stays that can significantly increase their medical costs. We also need to consider other hidden costs that a medical error victim and their family can face. This can include:
- Losing current and future wages due to an inability to work
- The cost of any necessary medical equipment
- Severe emotional and psychological damage
Unfortunately, it is rare for any medical professional or facility to readily admit they made a mistake, which is why an attorney is so vital in these cases.
What You Can Do Now
Medical mistakes can be devastating for victims. If you or a loved one have been harmed due to a medical professional’s failure to monitor your treatment, please seek legal assistance. At Brown, Moore & Associates, PLLC, we want to help you get the compensation you deserve. This can include:
- Coverage of all medical expenses related to the mistake, including future medical expenses
- Recovery of lost income if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering/loss of enjoyment of life damages
- Loss of consortium
- Punitive damages against the responsible parties