Shelby, NC Car Accident Attorney
Shelby, North Carolina is a great place to reside – families and individuals alike. Despite its reputation as a pleasant, mid-sized city, there are less delightful realities one must consider. Between Shelby and Cleveland County exist numerous statistics that would lead the average resident to be more cautious when utilizing transportation; chief among these are car accident statistics. At Brown Moore Law, we employ expert car accident attorneys whose concern is finding you the justice you deserve after experiencing a car crash. Our expert teams know the risks of a car accident in North Carolina – and have successfully managed the aftermaths firsthand.
Driving Under The Influence In Shelby And Surrounding Areas
Many drivers in Shelby are aware of the responsibility they have with the operation of a motor vehicle. Others choose to place their lives and those in their community in peril at the expense of drug and alcohol consumption:
- In Shelby alone, there were 108 car accidents caused by alcohol in the year 2020.
- Cleveland County saw 6 deaths and 82 injuries due to driving while intoxicated in the same time period.
- Unsurprisingly, exactly 30% of all fatal crashes in Cleveland County were a result of driving under the influence.
The sheer hazard of driving under the influence paired with the mortality rate associated with being involved in an alcohol-related crash creates a note-worthy factor that one might have to consider before turning on the ignition.
What is increasingly troublesome is the effect this has had on the ranking of the city in terms of roadway danger.
- In 2018, Shelby ranked the 28th most dangerous city in North Carolina for car accidents.
- After three years, Shelby jumped eight places to the 20th position after seeing a rise in accidents that have caused injury and even death.
How Can I Defend Myself From Dangerous Drivers?
There are many ways to defend oneself from a dangerous driver – those consumed by technological distractions and those driving under the influence alike:
- Buckling your seatbelt in the case of a sudden, forceful jerk that could injure you in a car accident
- Reconsidering your need to hit the road at night
- Maintaining an extra level of caution around holidays
- Giving extra leeway and even more following-distance than normal – especially at hours when there tends to be a higher risk of drunk drivers on the road
- Utilizing extra sets of indications and increased safety measures at intersections
- Ensuring there is a designated driver at any event you may attend
These tips may better help give you the edge over the irresponsible actions of another driver you may cross paths with.
How Brown Moore Is At The Helm Of Car Accident Justice?
Car accidents are no joke. Considering the extensive experience that Brown Moore Law has across North Carolina, you can be sure that one of our attorneys will be able to find you the peace of mind that you deserve. Some things just cannot be avoided – but that does not mean that the brutal aftermath is something you will have to deal with alone. If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident and is seeking help from a Shelby car accident attorney, please consider calling our local number at 704-335-1500 or our toll-free number at 800-948-0577. If you prefer to contact us online, you can do so by clicking here and sending us a message on our website.