Shelby, NC Truck Accident Attorney
Being seriously injured in a truck accident can have lasting ramifications on your life. Most accident victims are left unable to work at a time when bills are piling up quickly—and many are the household’s primary breadwinner. The injuries left behind due to a truck accident can be devastating, requiring physical therapy, surgery, and ongoing medical treatment. Filing a claim for damages can help you recover some of the expenses you have incurred while also providing for future costs of care and lost income. A truck accident attorney can help.
Truck Accident Injuries
Because trucks are so much bigger than the passenger vehicles they tend to collide with, injuries due to truck accidents are among the worst possible. These injuries may prove problematic for life, which is why it is vital that truck wreck victims receive the maximum compensation for their injuries. Common injuries resulting from serious truck accidents include:
- Back and neck injuries: Ligaments and bones in the back and neck are quite fragile and thus susceptible to injury during a truck accident. Whiplash is also a common injury, and unfortunately, one that is often not evident until well after the crash.
- Injuries to the spine: Spinal cord injuries can be complete or partial, and they can be permanent or temporary. It is not unusual for victims in truck accidents to require surgeries and other treatments as well as the use of adaptive devices due to the permanent disability that results from spinal cord injuries.
- Brain and head injuries: While serious traumatic brain injuries are the most serious, other head injuries are equally alarming, including concussions.
- Burn injuries: Truck accidents sometimes result in fires that can cause burn injuries that are devastating and sadly, often accompanied by disfigurement and scarring.
- Fractures and lacerations/cuts: Severe lacerations and broken bones are common in truck accidents.
- Internal injuries: Multiple scenarios during a truck accident can result in internal injuries, including the deployment of the airbags in a passenger vehicle. Trauma to the kidneys, pancreas, liver, spleen, and bladder is not uncommon.
It is important to note that families who lose loved ones in truck accidents can file wrongful death actions against the at-fault party. These claims can help to replace the lost income and other contributions of the deceased accident victim.
Need Help Filing Your Truck Accident Claim?
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you are no doubt confused, scared, and frustrated. However, you have a limited amount of time under North Carolina’s statute of limitations to file your claim. Recovering the damages you deserve can be a long road for some victims, especially if your injuries are serious since insurance companies want to pay out the minimum amount possible. Reach out to the Shelby, NC truck accident attorneys with Brown Moore & Associates, PLLC immediately to help preserve your right to collect fair and just damages from the at-fault party in your case. Contact us to see about a free consultation of your case by clicking here or calling us at 800-948-0577.